True and pure local food on Saaremaa island
KAALI tavern offers local food inspired by Saaremaa’s traditions. During summertime we open the outdoor terras, where you can enjoy our chefs’ best dishes and order some refreshing beverages all the while surrounded by fresh air.
You can find us in the heart of the village of Kaali and everyone who comes to gaze upon the world-famous meteorite crater can park in the tavern’s car park. You can simply stop by and taste the local cuisine.
From the end of September until spring 2024, we are only open by appointment. If you want to come celebrate family anniversaries or order group catering for a larger group, we will gladly welcome you!
Special offers for groups
The tavern of KAALI is a popular stopover for big groups’, travel groups’ and student groups’ lunches and dinners. We offer special menus for groups of ten or more people, for business as well as private events. In order for us to comfortably host you, please submit group orders well in advance.
- A spacious stylish event hall
- In summertime a spacious courtyard and an outside terrace
- Our chefs’ plentiful wedding menu
- Home-brewn beer
- Cozy accommodations for up to 20 guests
- Besides the reception, you can also register your marriage here – for that we recommend the side of Kaali meteor crater under its’ ancient oak trees as well as the building of the museum of meteoritics.